Friday, May 13, 2016

"Nicky Romero-Lighthouse" analysis


To compliment my venture into motion graphics, I decided to do an analysis/critique of the lyric video to Nicky Romero's song, Lighthouse. The font and the visuals in the video compliment the song very very well. The timing between transitions is flawless and it is really fun to watch. The video made a strong connection to the ocean (the metaphor in the song is the lighthouse), but it lacked in making a connection with the song's message. As for what I can learn from this project, I have already learned how to be precise in timing, but I could really improve in the variety of transitions I use from phrase to phrase. In my own lyric video I find myself becoming repetitive in my transitions. I could also implement 3D elements into my own videos. I would have liked to see a deeper connection to the meaning of the song by the creator, but overall it was an excellent video.

Link: http://www.animationarena.com/working-for-pixar.html

No comments:

Post a Comment