Monday, May 8, 2017

Demo Reel and Senior Show 2017

Demo Reel

My demo reel is a complication of all my projects I've worked on in the past year. It includes all of my motion graphics work I did in my animation class, and it includes some of my videos that I made for my school's FIRST Robotics team. Most of my motion graphics are made to music as evident by the lyric video and the audio visualizer. The cubes at the beginning change colour to the drop of the beat, and the background reacts to the bass of the song. Some of the motion graphics were made of my robotics team, and one was made for my school's news show, ONW Now. The animation for ONW Now and one for the robotics team were animated intros to be used in videos, and the other robotics animation was to be used in a contest where we had to redesign our logo to fit under a steampunk theme. All of these projects were made in Adobe After Effects using plug-ins such as Trapcode Soundkeys and Element 3D.

Senior Show

My school holds and event for graduating seniors in the e-Communications programs called the senior show. Each year the senior show has a theme (this year it was "illuminate"), and it works similar to an open house. Each senior has their own table, and people walk around each table and see each senior's work.  It's a great way for parents, teacher, school district representatives, and companies to see the cultivated talent and hard work all these students put in. This year, there appeared to be a shortage of companies, but many parents and district representatives walked around and they seemed to be impressed with our senior class. Overall it was a very fun night, and I hope more companies are able to make it to next year's senior show to hopefully give talented students internships in their field of interest. 


Overall

This year I found my niche in making motion graphics. I really didn't feel comfortable in any area of animation until now, and during this next year hopefully I'll be able to learn new plug-ins and refine my skills and workflow. Even though I don't plan on majoring in animation during college, I do want to keep making motion graphics as a hobby and maybe become a freelance artist. I can't wait to see what this year holds in store.  

1 comment:

  1. Please continue this great work and I look forward to more of your awesome blog posts.
    cheap service

    ReplyDelete